Need an excuse to convince your significant other as to why you should panel your walls? Maybe you’ve been thinking about it but need some encouragement, read on for all the motivation and inspo you could possibly need.
By now you’ve probably got the gist that we’re obsessed with wall paneling, not just because it’s on trend right now but because of the endless options and styles available. With wall panelling you can completely transform a room or if you’re as passionate about panelling as we are, you can upgrade your entire home. But why do people panel their walls? Well there are a multitude of reasons but we’ve whittled it down to five.
- Texture – Think of it like hair, stay with me on this one – you know when your hair feels like it has no oomph or life to it and you get yourself booked in with a hairdresser asap for a bit of body? Walls are the same. Imagine you’re looking at a plain wall, it’s pretty basic isn’t it? Kinda dull, just existing as a vital structural component to your home. Wouldn’t it be better if it had a bit more spice? Adding texture to your walls can completely switch up the aesthetic of the room. Shadow and light often play clever tricks on the eye, it can make rooms appear bigger or smaller depending on the colour scheme you choose.
- Modernise Your Home – Giving your home a contemporary look can be difficult if you’re restricted financially. Panelling your walls is a cost effective way of modernising your home. Maybe you’ve recently bought your home – which as we all know is an expensive process, you may not have the funds readily available to bring the decor into the present. Top tip? Use MDF wall panelling kits to upgrade each room as you go, it will hide any unsightly blemishes or marks and add character to the house.
- Selling Your Home – Decorating your home to sell it? A preposterous idea or a clever tactic to encourage more offers? We say go for it. Wall panelling is more popular than ever and what better way to charm potential buyers than dazzling them with decorative walls. If they know they won’t have lots of decorating to do when they move in, they’ll be more tempted to buy – especially if they’re big wall panelling fans. And if they detest wall panelling – it’s not hard to remove.
- Protecting your walls – Wall panels actually provide protection for your walls, not like an overly-enthusiastic doorman with an earpiece and a clipboard but in a subtle and clever way. Hallways, plenty of wear and tear – how many times have your hallway walls been scuffed? Or how often do you open the front door with such gusto you chip the paint? We have a solution for you. Wall panelling! They’re fixed on to the wall and will take the brunt of heavy traffic passing through that room – unless you live with a herd of rhinos, we’re not entirely sure that wall panels are an equal opponent to a Rhino.
- Selfie Station – Is it narcissistic to completely transform a room for better photos? Probably, but we’re not judging you. Fed up taking your selfies in a dull lifeless room? Then panel it! A splash of striking paint and you’re good to go. All your followers will be thinking ‘Oh my god does Becky live in a high-end hotel?’ or ‘What cool and super expensive venue is she at now?!’. Plus you can film the whole process and put it on TikTok, even more clout. You’re welcome.
If we’re completely frank we can think of way more reasons to panel your home, but does anybody actually want to read a novel on wall panelling? If you need some wall panelling inspo check out these fantastic designs & ideas.